The S.C. Restaurant and Lodging Association has announced the winners of the eighth annual Upstate Hospitality Awards.
Nominees from across Greenville, Pickens and Spartanburg counties will be honored at an awards ceremony on Nov. 9 at the Hilton Greenville Hotel, according to a news release. Award winners will be in the running for a statewide SCRLA Stars of the South Carolina Hospitality Industry Award in January.
- Acadia Kant of City Range Steakhouse Grill in Spartanburg for the Restaurant Front of the House Employee of the Year award
- Sarah Pinkernell of Larkin’s Restaurants in Greenville for the Restaurant Heart of the House Employee of the Year award
- Michael Wade of Rick Erwin’s in Clemson for the Restaurant Bartender of the Year award
- Joe Crossan of Greenville’s Table 301 for the Restaurant Outstanding Certified Sommelier award
- Haydn Shaak of Hotel Domestique’s Restaurant 17 in Travelers Rest for the Restaurant Chef of the Year award
- Alberto Vargas of Greenville’s California Dreaming for the Restaurant Manager of the Year award
- Nello Gioia of Greenville’s Ristorante Bergamo for the Restaurateur of the Year award
- AC Clark of Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort for the Lodging Front of the House Employee of the Year award
- Tara Garner of Residence Inn by Marriott Greenville for the Lodging Heart of the House Employee of the Year award
- Dorothy Kohl of Westin Poinsett, Greenville Hotel for the Lodging Bartender of the Year award
- David Hicks of Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort for the Lodging Manager of the Year award
- Andrew Cajka of Spartanburg Marriott for the Hotelier of the Year award
- Elijah Edwards of the Golden Strip Career Center for the Hospitality Educator of the Year award
- Ruthie Smith of Upstate Service Industry United for the Outstanding Community Service Program award.