An entrepreneurial-focused program in Greer is setting the stage for its September boot camp.
The Platform at Greer will pair South Carolina entrepreneurs with coaches from big corporations and world leaders in innovation during its two-day intensive boot camp experience designed with BlueInc Strategies to help take businesses at any stage to the next level. This one-on-one program ends with a Shark Tank-style pitch competition that’s open to the public.
Cohort 11 founders will pitch to a panel of expert judges at Greer City Hall on Thursday, Sept. 21, at 4 p.m. Attendees are welcome to stay for pizza and networking after the pitch competition.
Related article: Greer entrepreneurial program receives SC grant funding
The Platform at Greer is an initiative driven by the city of Greer Economic Development Department to help build the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in South Carolina.
The program was one of 15 Relentless Challenge 2023 grant recipients named by the S.C. Department of Commerce earlier this year.
Businesses selected for Bootcamp’s 11th cohort:
- Fuel Up: Spin-off of existing business with a mission to provide Lake Keowee boat owners with a unique dockside fueling service
- Good Car: Startup idea to develop a proprietary artificial intelligence platform to empower consumers looking to buy a vehicle
- Houni’s Italian Ice: Family owned business with two locations in Greenville County looking for its next growth steps
- Lily Pad: Nonprofit supporting children in foster care with comfortable, safe living spaces while they wait for placement
- Property EZ: Established business expanding with a subscription-based maintenance service to help remote rental property owners with regular up-keep
- Vertical Growth Farming Systems: Startup producing transportable, off-the-grid, vertical hydroponic farms.