The BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by Synnex Corp. named AC Hotel Greenville Downtown its 2021 host hotel and released a schedule of socially-distanced events across the Upstate associated with the four-day golf tournament.
“After working with local officials, partners and the PGA Tour to ensure health and safety are our first priority, we are pleased to announce the series of events taking place surrounding this year’s tournament,” Bob Nitto, president of South Carolina Charities Inc., said in a news release. “These events will further engage our partners, benefitting charities and the broader community.”
AC Hotel’s Else Miller said in the release that the hotel and “our various onsite restaurants will provide the perfect backdrop for those visiting during the tournament.”
Events will include:
- Pure Barre Fore-K, a road race hosted at 6:30 p.m. on June 4 at Thornblade Club
- E-waste recycling event sponsored by MOA Architecture from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on June 5 at Roper Mountain Science Center. The public is also invited to drop off recyclables in the Roper Mountain Science Center parking lot.
- Upstate Warrior Folds of Honor’s “Big Break Warrior” competition from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. June 9 at Topgolf Greenville
- Thursday Night Shootout with live music and entertainment on June 10 at 7:30 p.m. at 3’s Greenville Golf and Grill. A limited number of tickets will be available throughout the tournament office.
- Friday Night Concert presented by Magna featuring entertainment from Steel Toe Stiletto and tournament celebrities, starts at 8 p.m. on June 11 at Camperdown Plaza. Tickets must be purchased in advance through the tournament office.
This year’s event line-up will include Breakfast with Champions presented by the Greenville Drive featuring former Major League Baseball player Roger Clemens and PGA Tour champion Jay Haas and benefitting the Cancer Society of Greenville County and Meyer Center for Special Children. This is a private event with sponsorships and tables available for purchase, according to the release.